1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
½ cup orange juice
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 tablespoons grapeseed or canola oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
1 tablespoon honey
½ teaspoon chili powder
1 pound flank or skirt steak, fat trimmed
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 large mango (about 1 cup), diced
¼ cup red onion, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and minced
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
¼ teaspoon chili powder
6 (6-inch) whole wheat tortillas for serving
1. In a blender, combine chipotle pepper, orange juice, lime juice, oil, soy sauce, cilantro, honey and chili powder to make marinade.
2. Place steak in a rimmed baking dish and pour marinade over. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
3. Preheat a charcoal or gas grill to medium-high.
4. Remove the steak from the marinade, season with salt and grill for 4 minutes a side.
5. Transfer to a cutting board and rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
1. Place tortillas on a baking sheet and toast both sides under broiler until lightly golden.
2. Slice steak into thin strips. Serve on tortillas with mango salsa.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 tacos): Calories 646; Protein 38 g; Carbohydrates 54 g; Fat 32 g; 44% Calories from Fat; Cholesterol 98 mg; Sodium 1199 mg; Potassium 797 mg; Fiber 4 g