3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
2 limes, zested and juiced
1 small Serrano chili, ribs and seeds removed and minced
½ teaspoon chili powder
4 ears corn, husks removed
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
3 mangos (about 2 pounds)
(2 mangos peeled, pitted and diced, save hollowed mango cheeks for bowls; Cut cheeks off of remaining mango and scoop out enough mango flesh to form a shallow bowl, dice for garnish)
1 red bell pepper, finely diced
¼ cup crumbled cotija, queso fresco or feta cheese
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Salt and pepper
1. In a large bowl, whisk mayonnaise, lime juice and zest, Serrano, chili powder and ½ teaspoon salt.
2. Preheat outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush corn with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Grill corn, turning occasionally to char all sides, 5 to 6 minutes.
4. Remove from grill and using chef’s knife, cut corn from cob into large bowl containing dressing.
5. Fold in bell pepper and diced mango; top with mango, cheese and cilantro.
6. Serve at room temperature or chilled in individual mango cheek bowls.
Nutritional analysis per serving (for 6 servings): Calories 220; Protein 5g; Carbohydrates 39g; Fat 7g; 11% Calories from Fat; Cholesterol 7mg; Sodium 248mg; Potassium 513mg; Fiber 5g